A dear friend introduced me to Hay’s book You Can Heal Your Life in 2000. I had some new physical complaints following a recent divorce. My friend suggested that I look at Louise Hay’s book with a reference guide detailing the mental causes of physical ailments with positive thought patterns for reversing illness and creating health. It worked beautifully for me and was exactly what I needed.
I continued to use You Can Heal Your Life when physical problems “popped up” and lovingly sent a copy with each of my daughters when they went off to college. I now follow Hay House and I continue to recommend You Can Heal Your Life, using it in my teaching and with my holistic nursing/energy healing practice.
Earlier this month, I took the Hay House “Speak, Write & Promote – How to Be a Mover and Shaker” conference here in San Diego to update myself on social media and to learn how to access the opportunities, not realizing Louise Hay would be there in person. Hay shared with us and signed books during the breaks. I was thrilled to meet her in person. Here are some of the ideas she shared with us:
1. Every thought we think, every word we speak is an affirmation. It is shaping your world. What are you doing all day? Become aware and change what you need to.
2. First thing in the morning, thank your bed for a good night’s sleep. Tell yourself you are going to have delightful adventures and a really great day. Look at yourself in a mirror and tell yourself, “I love you.”
3. Everything is your friend. Have a relationship/communicate with everything – your clothes, closet, kitchen (source of nourishment). Talk to every object like your appliances.
4. For your commute, state, “It’s going to be easy and fun for everybody.” There is always time for us. Send love to every driver. Have a positive relationship with your car – choose wonderful music if you want.
5. Start focusing your awareness on the moment. There is joy in each moment. Create joy.
Many thanks, Louise Hay!